Thursday, January 04, 2007

TP aur CP ki anokhi kahaani...!

TP (storms into the library, strides upto the corner): Machaan, it's happened. I did it!

CP (looks up from behind his Operations Research text, blinks. Aargh - TP's dressed in his trademark bright orange and gold tee again): Now what?

TP: I went ahead and told her, d00d - that gal I was telling you ab...

CP: No kidding! I talked to my lady too!

TP: Oh, man! This is.. like phenomenal, man! You go first!

CP: Humm. Now I needed to create the right atmosphere - delicate task, no. So I ask her if she's done with the Ops Research assignment. Would you believe she's still got problems dealing with the coefficient of regression, and with multivariate... (TP's eyes glaze over - he's had problems with calculating the mean/median/mode in Term 1. Such talk quickly gets beyond him). Errm, anyways, so we get talking, and there's this exquisite pause in our conversation, and I popped the question! (CP's eyes begin to shine behind three centimeteres of glass. The thick black spectacle frame doesn't help much, though).

TP: Yo, man - this is like...

CP: Yeah, yeah - but all's not right. She says, "CP, there's so much I adore about you" (TP gulps involuntarily) "but you know, you're too much of a nerd. You need to..." (CP makes a face like when he'd tasted the bhindi-ki-sabzi in the mess for the first time) "You need to get a life. You need to be more fun, more outgoing! I need to hear more from you than stock betas, futures and forwards and market securities lines. If you can ease up a bit, you'd be perfect, CP, perfect!"

TP cringes, remembers the time when CP had had a disastrous date with his "lady" at the Taj Malabar. He'd insisted on demonstrating the parallel of the buffet with an assembly line, and had demonstrated with great aplomb, how they could implement synchronous manufacturing concepts. Great analysis, miserable date. The Ops pundits would've applauded, the LoveGurus would've hung their heads in utter shame.

CP: Ah, never mind. You go.

TP: Man, I dressed for the occasion today! Whaddayasaymaan! (Beams at his yellow-and-gold T-shirt with "Stallion" written across it. CP shudders, but manages a watery grin). So, like I track her down at the gym, she works out there, right, and - there's no one around, ok - walk straight upto her and tell her All! Seedha! So, like, she say nothin', d00d, and I think I got it made - but she say "TP you goof around too much. I don't know when to take you seriously. All those constant parties, drink-until-sunrise binges... you're caring and I know you've got a heart of gold, but... you need to settle down! Be serious when you need to be! If you can manage that, TP, you'll be perfect for me!" WhatamIgonnadomaan, CP!

CP: Well I think I shall take part in all those fun events at Backwaters. It's only about a week away, and it'll be just what I need to show that I can be as fun as anyone can be. Mr. Backwaters, I could be - wow!

TP: Hey don't they have like all brainy stuff there too? Like all Operations, Finance, Marketing events? Games and quizzes and seminars and all that dingdang? TellyouwhatCP, maachi - I'd show my gal - I'll win like this grand prize at Backwaters - and she'll think I'm an Intellical!

CP: Intellectual..

TP: yeah, yeah - Backwaters it is, d00d! 12th, 13th, and 14th this month, right? Not too far away! You do the cultural stuff, and I'll do the Intell.. err management stuff. Rock on, d00d! Gimme 5! No, not that coin, dunderhead...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home