Friday, December 23, 2005

The phoenix rises

10 hours of sleep at the minimum is an irreplacable requirement for leading a no-frills-associated basic lifestyle.

Classes are meant to be skipped, back benches to be slept on.

Mornings are hung over and the nights full of spirited moves on the (dance) floor.

Work is (un)necessary evil and leisure, the only absolute certainty.

And then I was back, back to reality and to the sTrEAM...a dream like none I have ever seen before, with my eyes closed or open. It was right there in front of my eyes and it was time to dive straight in. With a month to go into Backwaters, life has changed gears from neutral to the fifth in the one day that I have been back from Paris to the campus. The foreign exchange program in Paris was fun but the coming one month of hectic activity, euphoria and dejection, friends and foes, successes and failures, they all promise to re-define fun in their own ways.

Not having been much involved in the fest organization so far, all the current activities and to-do lists of sTrEAM Backwaters whooshed past me while I stood staring at the banner in the canteen, thinking about the theme of agression for this year. Kill or be killed, they told me and better be ready to do it pretty soon, they made me realize as I made my way into my first sTrEAM meeting after nearly three and a half months.

I was brought up to speed and was I raring to go! Inputs for the website came from left, right and center while ideas got generated, analysed, scoffed at, celebrated, discarded, accepted at a dime a dozen. The company lists for sponsorships was bored into to get the latest in terms of active, passive, and dead leads. Internal marketing, local market buzz, new sponsorship leads had our attention while the site content was being finalized, with help and assistance from our technical (Vishak), content (Surya), and design (Aditya) consultants.

Life has started going into an overdrive and I have just postponed my weekend Alleppey trip by a night to get the web site up and running as soon as possible.

I am not willing to die...to be killed.
I will kill.

-Nitai

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well....wen is the website coming up...


ridhi :)))

10:18 PM  
Blogger sTrEAM Backwaters said...

pretty soon

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Backwaters Tam,

What is the scheduled date for Backwaters 2006 -Biz Quiz ( to be specific)

2:00 PM  
Blogger sTrEAM Backwaters said...

Hi, there are a lot of quiz events scheduled over the two days of the festival. The Biz quiz shall take place on the 2nd day, that is, the 22nd of January.

Hope to see you there!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home